Monday, July 20, 2009

Beach dinner

I've been trying very hard to mix things up and find things to do. I've found that the key to keeping them from turning on each other and subsequently making me want to pull my hair out is to keep them busy. They just cannot be in this house for very long. It gets really ugly.
When I was growing up summer meant children being outside all day running, playing, and riding bikes. We can't really do that because it is insanely hot! We just cook outside.
So one day Anna helped me make some cupcakes, we threw in some pizzas, and put together a little picnic. When Chris got home we loaded up the car and had dinner at the beach. It was a lot of fun! The beach had a picnic area with tables and restrooms.
After eating and cleaning up we headed down to the beach. This wasn't a warning we were happy to see. Anna has a new fear of jelly fish. She was afraid to take a bath for a long time because she thought they were going to end up in the tub or come out of the shower. We were having to wipe her down while she was standing up in the inch of water screaming. Not so fun! If we actually saw a jelly fish it could really set us back.
Hmmm... I don't even know what to say about this...

Everything you need for the beach:
Great big stick - check
Dog leash (no dog, just leash) - check
Before leaving I walked into the kitchen to ice the cupcakes, I noticed some little bites taken out of several of the cupcakes...
Then Jaden walked into the room. I asked him if who was eating the cupcakes and he just said "No". Guess he forgot to wipe the crumbs off of his face...

Verdict-Guilty.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a great idea! Looks like lots of fun - big stick, dog leash and all :). We have been doing Wednesday night at the neighborhood pool. It totally wears K out and we get some quality family time.