Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Slow down, please?

Luke turned 7 months old this weekend. He is growing and changing way too fast for me! He is my last baby and I just wanted him to stay little. He was little for about a month. Since then he's been growing like a weed. He's wearing size 5 diapers now! He's moving into 18 month clothes. Jaden still fits in a pair of shorts that I have passed down to Luke. Chris accidentally put them on him today. It's crazy!

About a week or so ago he started figuring out how to move from his hands and knees. He would get up, move his hands forward, do some fancy feet work, then flop down on his belly and scooch. Now, it's got it all worked out. He's on the move - getting a little better at it everyday. Very soon I'm going to have to start reigning him in and blocking him off. He still likes to be held but not for very long and is very squirmy. He wants to grab, and "bite", and pull, and reach. He's just busy. I find myself stealing every moment I can get to just squeeze him tight and savor his "babyness" before it's gone. He's still "soft" and "squishy". I love that. His skin is still so incredible and he smells so nice...most of the time (the poops after baby food are never really anything that smells "good"). I hold him near me and take big, deep breaths to try my best to "drink" all this goodness in so, I'll never forget. Can you tell I'm having a hard time trying to imagine life without a baby in it?
We had a checkup today. The Doctor says he's doing great. He's 30 inches long and 23 lbs. 12 oz. That puts him above the 95th percentile. Surprised? Poor little guy - He had to get 4 shots and one oral vaccine plus he's cutting two upper teeth! It will be neat to see how he looks with two front teeth :)

3 comments:

Sandi Faber said...

Julie:
Loving that big boy! He is so beautiful and you are so blessed. I am so glad I got to meet him and I hope to see you all soon.

Dana said...

so sweet! Great pics

And Kudos to Sandi for politically disagreeing with you in a loving way!

The relationship is always more important than the proving your point. I'm really fighting the urge to post something about that..

I love you!

Anonymous said...

LOVE the tie photos, looks like his face is starting to change, looking a little more 'big-boyish'
I miss the baby years!
Love ya