Sunday, November 11, 2007

The first trim




I couldn't take it anymore. When Jaden woke me up this morning at 5:30 a.m. I had some time to really contemplate his "do" while he was watching the Wiggles and everyone else was still sleeping peacefully.

Since it is getting so long it gets kind of matted and sticks straight out when it gets rubbed (like when he's sleeping or riding in his car seat, for example). So, I decided to just trim a little off the ends in the back (the top got a late start so it's more even now). I left it a little crazy because Jaden wouldn't be Jaden if his hair wasn't just a little bit crazy. Plus, I'm aware that I am NOT a hairdresser and didn't even want to try for something more precise. He surely would have ended up with a buzz cut if I tried that. I have been thinking about taking him to a hairdresser but get so anxious even thinking about it. For one, he hates people touching his hair - probably because he get tangles and we have to comb it out. Not fun. And two, he's got this crazy pterodactyl scream that I'm sure would send everyone running out of the salon. This way I could cut a little while he was distracted. Wait. Cut a little more. You get the picture. So far, the curls are still there - thank God!!! I'm just not ready for him to be curl-less (even if Uncle Richie has vowed to take him to get them cut off in December and Daddy tries to brush out the curls after every bath!!)

2 comments:

Dana said...

I'm glad you left the curls too! I think the baby face will go with the curls. Good job. That is progress with the belly and yes, some would call you crazy ;0).

Love you

Megan said...

I really like your haircut Jaden! Your mom did good! Can't wait to see you soon! Have a great turkey day and fill your belly with lots of good stuff!!
Love grandma judy