Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Wonder Woman, Little Pumpkin, and Baby Boo





We were so excited that Anna chose to be Wonder Woman for Halloween. It took a little talking into but she's been all about it for the past 2 weeks. Everyone we pass seems to have a memory of Wonder Woman - especially the women. There was one man who wouldn't stop until he remembered all of the words to the Wonder Woman theme song! If you talk to any one in my family about me and Wonder Woman I'm sure they will quickly recall the year I got Wonder Woman under-roos for my birthday. I apparently had to change my clothes right then and there and proceeded to run/fly around the yard. My Aunt still has it on an old-time video tape.

Grandma Judy actually bought this pumpkin costume 5 years ago when I was pregnant with Anna. I opened up a box from her at my baby shower that was filled with all sorts of baby items and many Halloween costumes from sizes 0-3 months to 18 months. I think they were on clearance! This one still had the tags on it. I'm glad that I saved it and he could use it. He looked so crazy cute! I loved it.

And finally "baby boo" - I thought it would be fun to paint my belly so that baby Tyree #3 could be part of Halloween too. It looks like I painted a regular 'ol belly and not a 20 week pregnant one! I should have taken a picture from the side because from the front it doesn't look like I'm pregnant. I'll have to get Chris to take a picture of me from the side to give a better view.
When I walked out into the kitchen with my belly painted Anna ran right over to look at it. She immediately said, "It says boo". We were excited. Even though it was probably just a "sight word" for her she was able to "read" it. I said, "Anna you can read!" She said, "just a little". It's a small step but it's a start!

1 comment:

Dana said...

wow, you have put up several posts. I just looked at it the other day. Yep, you're right, you don't look pregnant. Sorry. And the fire ants.. I can't believe he didn't cry. I remember getting into an ant bed when I was little (that's what they call them down south btw. antbeds) It is horrible!! Poor little guy.