Sunday, October 5, 2008

It's just politics, baby

Regardless of who wins the election, this is going to be a very exciting and very memorable year. During our lifetime we will see either the first Black President or the first woman Vice President elected. That's pretty incredible. I think we are lucky to have two excellent candidates in the running. We just hope whoever wins will provide the leadership this country needs to turn our economy around and clean up the mess we're in right now.
Whichever candidate you are pulling for just get out there and vote!
Of course, I have a favorite and I'm using my baby to show support!
*Just a little disclaimer: I'm not trying to start a fight with Republicans. I will still be your friend if you support McCain/Palin. :) I'm not ignorant. I can definitely understand why someone would support his campaign. I am proud to live in a country where we have the freedom to make our own choices. I love to hear other points of view. I always learn something - whether it is about the topic or the person I'm discussing it with.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

SO nice to see all of your updates, how do you post 3 pictures next to each other? As far as your political views girl, we need to talk! LOL

Dana said...

One of my favorite things about you is that you think... You don't just buy a party line and if you get new information, you don't see changing your mind as a threat. You see it as growing. I know whatever you believe, it's well thought through and believed through conviction. I don't see how anyone can argue with a position that your faith and values have led you to.

I love all your pictures and I don't see how any one could deny that that onesie looks cute on Lukey.

Dana said...

PS:I think you should enter Luke too!

Anonymous said...

I love his onesie, that's adorable!! I am voting Obama too! I actually started making phone calls to women voters in the swing states, it's a great feeling knowing you can help.

Erin

Sandi Faber said...

I love you and respect you even though you put your baby boy in that onesie.
I would love to hear more about how you came to make that choice.
I have no doubt you have good reasons... I am just completely shocked!
It is a beautiful thing when I can disagree so completely about your political choices and still think you are a wonderful person and value you as a friend.
None of us know what the future holds, but we know we will be in it together.

Sandi Faber said...

P.S.
Give me a call when you get a chance. Miss you much, Miss Jackson - LOL