Wednesday, May 14, 2008

It pays to have talented friends

Version II (I loved them both!)
Okay, I realize I am biased because I took the pictures and my good friend, Dana, designed the announcement but I think these are sooo cute!! I was way more than tickled when I got them in the mail. I have known for some time now that Dana is very talented but when she showed me some of the announcements and invitations she designed I was impressed, to say the least! She has always had an interest in photography. She felt like this was a good way for her to use her creativity to make a beautiful product with photographs and generate some extra income. She is a stay-at-home mom with two gorgeous girls and I say "you go, girl!". I am fully supportive of stay-at-home moms who want to find a way to work and be at home with their children. She is committed to providing beautiful, quality, custom announcements for much more reasonable prices that you can find on the internet. Please check out her website if you are interested in photo announcements. She has designs for birth announcements (you'll see little Luke here), graduation announcements, birthday announcements (all ages), christmas cards, and the list is growing. They are all adorable and she has more in the works. Her site is currently "under construction" (she is in the process of moving to a new state - I know how that is!) but I will be sure to let everyone know when it is up and running!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well, I guess I'm going to be a loser and comment on my own art work because I can't just sit here and let a friend that I love sit here with no comments. I know your family reads your blog. And I know that there are friends here in WV that read it to keep up with you too. Okay people here's the deal... We are stay at home moms and though it may seem small to you, these blogs are important to us. This is a history book of our lives with our children and one day, we are going to sit our children down and show them that they were so important to us that we recorded every waking minute. And let me tell you, there are a lot of waking minutes at this stage. So, I'm going to make sure that Anna, Jaden, and Luke know that there momma's friend Dana loves them and was always checking in on them.

Ok, Julie, back to you. I guess you can decide whether or not you should post my comment or if my rant will make all your friends and family hate your friend Dana. If not, you just know that I had your back ;).

The announcement... We do make a good team if I do say so myself. The pretty kids don't hurt either.

I love you