Monday, October 29, 2007

Miss Independent

Anna has become the police officer for "bad" words. Today in the car I noticed a person's name on Chris's soccer sheet. The name was "Shad Skinner". I hadn't heard this name before so, I said it outloud but in a whisper. Anna was quick to point out that she heard me say a "bad" word. I tried to tell her that I didn't say a "bad" word and told her about the name. She wouldn't buy it. "But you whispered it!", she said. Apparently she's noticed that adults sometimes say "bad" words under their breath. I stated my case again. I told her that if I had said a "bad" word I would have apologized because it is not nice to say "bad" words but I really didn't say a "bad" word. She simply said, "I am not wrong". End of story. Ey-yi-yi!

This weekend we were just hanging around and Anna started singing a little song that she made up. I have to say it has the beginnings of a great song. It was basically just two lines repeated over and over. Here are the lyrics: "Listen to your Mom, your Dad is crazy". Apparently, that sentiment was not lasting.

1 comment:

Dana said...

LOL, you'll have to get Anna to teach Emma that song. LOL